The keyboard is the most essential part of our computer or laptops, but most of us do not care of the keyboard, and it gets dirty over the time.
We just eat while writing something on our computer and also we drink some soft and caffeine drinks, and we simply do multi-tasking by doing writing and eating both together, and our dirty fingers can make our keyboard do dirt.
After some time you might be feeling some tightness in the keys of your keyboard, and sometimes it stops working properly.
So, to avoid all these problems we need to clean our keyboard from time to time.
Because of everything needs maintenance, so in this article, we are going to talk about the most common and simple topic, how to clean the keyboard, doesn’t matter you are using a laptop or computer, we will be talking about all types of keyboards.
But, before going to start the topic, I would like to tell you that, keyboards are too soft and we should take care of them while cleaning them and it is our duty to clean them gently.
Otherwise, we can harm our keyboard by cleaning them roughly. I am damn sure that you love your device, either it is a computer or laptop, so taking it to care is our own responsibility.
So, without wasting the time let’s get ready to check out some of the best ways to clean a computer keyboard.
What To Take Care Of Before Starting The Cleaning
- The very first thing that I want to tell you, before cleaning your keyboard you need shut down it. Because if it is in the working mode, then while cleaning it you give any command and it can create the problem for you,
- The second thing is, you need to do your keyboard upside down, so that loose dust and particles can be removed automatically from your keyboard.
- You must have a cotton cloth before starts the cleaning because a hard cloth can harm the keys of your keyboard.
- You should have some cleaning liquid, that you can buy from any local accessory store for some bucks only.
- Make sure to have a soft brush to remove some dust particles from your keyboard.
So, these are some of the most common points that you should take care of before starting the cleaning of your laptop keyboard. Now let’s move to the main point, how to clean laptop keyboard.
How To Clean The Computer Keyboard
In this article about how to clean the keyboard, very first I want to talk about how to clean the computer keyboard.
So you can clean your computer keyboard in a proper manner, let’s check out the complete process.
- First turn your keyboard and hit on it’s back very gently with a soft hand multiple time.
- The second process is, take a cotton swab to dip it in a keyboard cleaning liquid, and then roll it on the keyboard.
- The next step is to click a clear picture of your keyboard, and then remove all the keys from your keyboard, then clean it gently with a cotton cloth then and then clean it again with a cotton swab.
- Then insert all the keys by looking at the picture of your keyboard that you took.
- Hold a sharp needle and try to remove some big particles from the keys of your keyboard, but while cleaning with this way, I would like to suggest you keep your mind in cleaning only because you should be very secure and gentle while cleaning your keyboard with a needle or something else.
- Pick a straw and blow it with your mouth on the keys of your computer’s keyboard. Because air pressure will remove some dust from your keyboard.
- If you don’t want to try these methods to lean your keyboard, then pick a small hand air vacuum, and start suction with the help of your air vacuum, and it will capture all the dust from your keyboard for sure.
- After cleaning all the particles and dust from your keyboard, pick a soft cotton cloth and clean your key’s upper part by using a cleaning liquid or something else.
That’s it, your clean and fresh computer keyboard is ready to use once again.
You must have to perform cleaning almost every 15th days of using your keyboard, but it depends on, how much you are using your keyboard.
Here I would like to tell you one more thing, it doesn’t matter you are cleaning your keyboard or any other product, if you are using something, then you should keep it clean and new.
Also it is your duty to clean your devices and products by time to time. So, that you can prolong its life and the device can perform extremely fantastic to you.
How To Clean The Laptop Keyboard Without Damaging It
Cleaning a computer keyboard is not a tough task, but while cleaning a laptop keyboard we need to take care of it properly, otherwise, a single mistake can harm your laptop’s keyboard even the many other components of the laptop.
And I am pretty sure about it, that no one wants to damage his/her laptop because it is the most important gadget for everyone.
Because it contains lots of data of ours, and it gives us the liberty to save tons and tons of data, like images, videos, song and many more.
So, it is our duty to take care of it and to protect from any technical or physical damage.
As I have shared some of the easiest and the best ways to clean your computer’s keyboard, now I am going to talk about how to clean a laptop keyboard without harming it.
And if you are planning to clean your laptop or it’s keyboard then read out this article till the end, and you will get some useful information for sure.
What To Take Care Of Before Starting The Cleaning
Before cleaning your laptop’s keyboard make sure you are having proper tools and thing that you will be needed to clean your laptop’s keyboard.
- Find a sharp knife to remove some big particles from your keys.
- Make sure that you have the isopropyl alcohol or any cleaning liquid.
- Microfiber Clothe to clean your keyboard with isopropyl alcohol.
- Some Cotton Balls.
- A flat and sharp tool.
Basic Cleaning Methods
Here very first I want to tell you some of the basic ways to clean laptop keyboard by which you can clean the outer part of your keys, if your keyboard is not so dirt then I would like to suggest you do basic cleaning only.
But if you feel that it is getting so dirty and you want to clean it deeply then you can follow the advance or underneath cleaning ways, by which you can clean the inner part of your keyboard also.
But first, let’s check out the basic cleaning ways of your laptop’s keyboard.
- Very first shut down your laptop and make sure that it is switched off properly.
- Once it gets switched off, now unplug it from any charging source, so that you can save yourself from any shock.
- Now make your laptop upside down with a soft hand very gently. And then tap on it’s back with a very soft hand because it is not your computer’s keyboard, so keep your hand as soft as you can. By this, you will see that some big bunnies and crumbs are coming out from your keyboard. It is the very first step that you need to follow.
- After that make sure that you a spray of compressed air, just pick that in your hands, and then attach the straw with the spray can properly and make sure that it’s getting attached perfectly. Now spray between the keys of the keyboard from side to another side.
- And do not spray continuously just do it with a proper gap and according to the need, I mean to do it in short bursts, so it will not harm your keyboard and by this, you will be able to clean every key properly.
- What’s next? Just pick a sharp knife or something like that, and use it between the keys to remove some big particles or something thread type. But while using a knife be sure that it will not haryour keys otherwise it can create lots of problems for you.
- Now use the microfiber cloth, why I said microfiber cloth? Because it is the cl0th that capture the dust particles, and just you need to roll it on your keyboard gently and it will clean your keyboard in a proper manner.
- And if you want then you can use some water drops on this cloth, and then roll it on the keys of your laptop, but be sure that by using the water just clean the upper side of the keyboard do let the moisture get into deep otherwise it can create some serious technical issues in your laptop. And after using this cloth just keep your laptop in sunlight for some minutes so the moisture can be removed from your keys properly.
- Well, I hope you all are well-aware with the isopropyl alcohol, it is the best liquid to clean anything, because it gives the perfect shine to everything as new. Just you need a cotton ball and dripped it into the isopropyl alcohol, then roll it on your keyboard.
- And do not pour the isopropyl alcohol directly on your keyboard just always use a cotton ball, because that is the right way of cleaning anything. And also it is the better option to clean your keyboard instead of the water. Because doesn’t leave that much moisture in your keyboard, and it gets dry very easily.
- If you are using a shared laptop, and having some issues of cold and cough, then I would like to suggest you to run a disinfecting wipe on the keys of your laptop, and do not use the bleach or something else with the disinfecting wipe, as it can harm your keyboard and the fingers as well.
Advance Or Underneath Cleaning
Now I am going to talk about the ways by which you can do an underneath or advance cleaning of your laptop’s keyboard.
But I would like to suggest you, if you feel that your keyboard is clean enough by using some basic cleaning ways, then do not go for the underneath cleaning.
Because for this you need to remove all your keys very gently, and you need to keep one thing in your mind that you have to take care of your laptop first so that it can’t be harmed by you.
Well, if you want to clean it deeply then let’s follow this instruction and by following these steps you can perform an underneath cleaning for your laptop’s keyboard perfectly.
- Very first go to google, and search for your laptop model, if it’s keyed can get came off, because some laptop models do not allow you to remove the keycap, but some can allow you to remove the keycap easily.
- So, very first make proper research either you can remove the keycap of your laptop or not. And, if you can you remove it then also you need to take care of it properly because the keycaps are held with the help of a small plastic that can be break easily.
- So, I would like to suggest you avoid the removing the keycaps unless your keyboard is especially grimy, otherwise, you can harm it even without knowing it.
- To perform this cleaning way, I want to advise you to perform it only, if you spilled something sticky drink or other material on it, or if you feel that some big crumbs are there inside the keys and you can not get out them by shaking it or by using some basic cleaning ways.
- Well, if you decided to clean it underneath then, very first click a clear picture of your keyboard, in which you can easily see what is the position of each key so that you can insert them in the right way after cleaning your keyboard.
- Now use a flat and sharp tool to remove every key one-by-one, and then clean the inner part very gently with a microfiber cloth to capture every unwanted particle from your keyboard in once. And make sure that you are having a big bowl or something else in which you can put all the keys. So, that none of them can be lost.
- Now you can use the isopropyl alcohol again with the microfiber cloth, to clean your keyboard properly, and once you have done the cleaning by using the isopropyl alcohol and the microfiber cloth, just put your laptop in the sunlight until it gets dry completely.
- And one more thing just uses some drop only, do not pour too much alcohol on it, and once it gets dry perfectly, then just open up your smartphone’s gallery and look at the image of your keyboard that you clicked before.
- After that just place all the keys one-by-one in the right sequence, because your one mistake can create problem to you and you may need to remove all the keys again.
Well, now you have done with the perfect cleaning of your laptop’s keyboard, and now you don’t need to clean it anymore.
You can use your fresh and clean keyboard to write anything or to perform every command that you want to.
Things To Take Care To Keep Your Keyboard Clean And New
Here I would like to suggest you not to eat while working on your computer or laptop because sometimes your potato chips can be poured on your laptop and their particles can get into the keys of your laptop.
So it causes the problems again and then you might be needed to remove the keys of your laptop again which is not a good idea.
And, avoid drinking anything while working on your laptop, because you can remove the dry particles by removing the keys.
But if you poured the liquid on your keyboard then it can completely damage your laptop’s keyboard and after that, you will need to take your laptop to the service center for sure.
Just all you need to take care of some common thing and by following some easy rules, you can keep your laptop clean and working well, and personally that it is a good idea, because it saves our money and time as well.
So everything is in your hands, and you should be caring about your gadgets, doesn’t matter it is a laptop, computer or your smartphone or any other tech gadget, because your small mistake can damage your gadget completely.
And, tech gadget are the thing that can be harmed very easily, just normal moisture can harm them, an unnecessary hit can harm then, and if you dropped them by mistake then your small mistake can charged you for some bucks and sometimes for a handsome amount.
So, if you don’t want to get into these problems, and don’t want to waste your money or time, then just use your device very genuinely and in a proper decent manner.